2017 District 5 Fall Baseball
Transitional Division Rules
Eligible players are those that are 2017 Little League Baseball age 12.
Games are set to begin on September 9 and will end on October 29. This provides for a normal (Sat and Sun) schedule of 16 games. There are no playoffs. Managers that would like to play outside this season may contact other teams and schedule additional games.
New this Season-All teams in this division should be prepared to play both 50/70 and 60/90
Some leagues have Intermediate fields (50/70). Some do not. Once the schedule is made, the home team shall dictate the size of the field to be played. This is a one year deal since Intermediate is still gaining ground. If the only field available is a 60/90, then the game is played on that diamond.
Transitional Division will follow the Little League Rule Book (“Green” Book) applying the Junior League or Intermediate League rules, depending on the field, unless adjusted or clarified below.
- 13 Run Mercy rule after 5 innings.
- Pinch runner can be put in for the catcher after two outs. Pinch runner shall be the last player to get out.
- Minimum of six defensive outs per player and managers may do free substitution on defense.
- Continuous batting order shall be used.
- A maximum of three Coaches are allowed during games. This includes the Manager.
- Two warnings shall be given to each pitcher for balks. Runners will be advanced thereafter.
- For the first two weeks of the season, players may use Little League bats.
- After two weeks, players must use big barrel bats (2 5/8” diameter). There is not limit on the drop.
- Metal cleats are allowed, but not required.
Ties are allowed. If time allows and the managers agree to play extra inning(s), then this is allowable as well.
All Managers and Coaches are expected to present an atmosphere of sportsmanship and instruction. If any manager is ejected from a game, he/she will be suspended for the remainder of that game and the next TWO played games. Any subsequent ejection will result in suspension for the remainder of the season.
Managers shall contact the opposing manager prior to each game to verify time and location of the game.
Each team is shall supply two games balls for each game.
Each HOME team is responsible for supplying an umpire for each of their home games.